We practice missions in our own backyard and to the far corners of the world. Over the years, mission trips have been led to Guatemala and to Gulfport, Mississippi. We currently support missionaries in Zimbabwe, Guatemala, and Slovenia.
Responsibilities of the MAC committee:
- To communicate with the congregation to: generate more excitement about mission needs and encourage greater stewardship of time and money for ongoing and new projects.
- To be active in the community and provide a focus for a Christian response to community needs as they arise.
- To encourage mission education and awareness through the church school and to promote our young people to participate in mission opportunities.
- To provide consistent outreach to our missionaries through visitation, correspondence, prayer, and study.
- To continue, after careful study and research, to disperse monies entrusted to us for mission needs.
Meeting time: 2:00 pm on the first Monday of the month. To reach MAC, email MissionFPC145@gmail.com
On Sunday, April 16, 2023, we presented Deb McGinn, Program and Development Coordinator at Phoenixville Area Community Services (PACS), with the food and monetary donations we collected in the month of March. We collected 336 pounds of food consisting of over 300 items. MAC donated $1,000 to PACS including our yearly donation and contributions from the congregation. Thank you to all who donated items or money!
In partnership with Christian Education and Sunday School, our children and youth prepared Hot Breakfast Bags for Better Days Ahead (BDA) who distribute food, clothing, and survival gear directly to area houseless and at-risk individuals in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Bags included packs of oatmeal, packs of coffee, tea, cough drops, syrup and coffee cups. A special thanks to L. Hobbins for organizing this!